ALEX MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND APPLICATION – 2018 FACT SHEET
APPLICANT MUST BE A:
- PWN Member in good standing (member: minimum one year) or the daughter or son of said member.
- Student who is planning to attend an accredited university, college, business or technical school, and enrolled in a program that leads toward a degree or certification.
- Student who is continuing studies at an accredited university, college, business, or technical school
- CRITERIA FOR SELECTION: Application, Personal Statement and Interview
- School and work history, activities and financial need
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please use the current application form only.
- The application must be completed in full by the applicant. (Every effort will be made to ensure the confidentiality of all information provided).
- Please type or print clearly in black ink only.
- If there is more space needed, please attach a separate sheet to the application. Please do not send pictures, certificates or awards.
- Attach a typed double-spaced “Personal Statement” (no more than two pages) covering the following topics:
- The reason you are applying for the scholarship.
- Your personal or professional goals
- Why you think this course of study will help you achieve them.
- School, work and community activities and achievements.
- Financial need.
- Any other information you believe would be helpful in the decision making process.